Sunday, February 3, 2008

Beach ride

I got up at sparrows fart this morning to drizzle, which is always appealing. Tally was dragged in from the paddock and "groomed" while he spun around in excitement, then he dragged me onto the float and off we went.

He had his usual "omg is that *gasp* MOVING WATER?" at the beach as I tacked him up, before riding down. His eyes bugged out at holes people had dug, and he attempted to jump into my sisters arms because someone had created a very impressive crocodile out of sand, and Tally thought it was far too realisitic for his liking. I sent him off in trot, so we trotted for a couple of k's, much to the disgust of my thighs, before going for a bit of a canter, then a walk.

He was actually pretty well-behaved for Tally, who usually has a tantrum halfway up the beach and rears. He did get a little overly excited later on, but we kept going at a gentle trot, before cantering again and hopping a few logs (cue eyes on stalks from his lordship). I then sent him off for his first gallop where his half TB certainly comes out and he zoomed off like a nutter and I couldn't stop. After a walk, I convinced him into the waves (finally!) and we splashed our way down the beach getting absolutely drenched. Tally was convinced the waves planned to eat him and occasionally slammed on the brakes to step over them.

Eventually I hit drier sand again and sent him off for another gallop, he basically galloped for a k and a half before I could pull him up again, then he walked back down the beach and did it again. He then shied at the crocodile again and came home. I then spent an hour washing all the sand and salt off and cleaning up his new overreach injuries. Must go clean slightly sodden tack. While re-watching the CSI premiere.

1 comment:

Styric said...

Where's the updates girl?